We are a full-service animal hospital offering quality veterinary services in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte. Join our amazing team!
West Ballantyne Animal Hospital is looking for an enthusiastic Veterinarian to join our team!
Do you enjoy being a veterinarian?
Do you want to practice quality medicine and enjoy educating clients about pet care?
Do you want to enjoy your job while feeling valued as a team member?
Get away from corporate stress and join a well-established, growing Inclusive, independently owned private practice. We are a highly equipped, full-service small animal hospital located in the Ballantyne area of South Charlotte. We strive to provide our clients with personable doctor-client relationships along with gold standard medical care. Located in the constantly developing suburbs of Charlotte with an excellent education system for children.
About the Hospital:
Opened in the summer of 2014, our hospital is full of music, laughter, and lots of natural sunlight in our treatment area! We have a state-of-the-art facility utilizing a fully equipped surgical suite, brand new dental equipment, surgical monitors, IV fluid pumps, digital dental and standard digital DR radiographs, full in-house laboratory equipment with IDEXX reference lab send out, and fully electronic medical records.
It’s difficult to be a veterinarian without a talented, skilled, bright team to support you. We have a full support staff to ensure our veterinarians can practice medicine – not “tech stuff.” We utilize our staff to their fullest degree to ensure our doctors spend time on medicine and client services. Currently, we are operating under a Curbside Service model and will continue to do so until the majority of the population is vaccinated. To ensure the safety of our staff and clients – all staff members wear masks while in the building, clients are not allowed in the building, and we provide video or phone calls during patient exams.
We have some amazing clients who are wonderful pet owners. We highly value the long-lasting relationships we build with every one of our clients. We build these relationships by providing great customer service alongside top-quality medicine. Our goal is to become an extension of our pet owner’s family.
As our practice is growing, we are currently looking to fill a full or part-time Associate Veterinarian position. No Nights, No emergency, No On-call. This position does ask for an alternating Saturday schedule. We would like to add an intelligent, communicative, talented doctor that enjoys practicing quality medicine in a friendly and casual atmosphere.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with the Practice Owner, Hospital Manager, and supporting medical staff. This individual will advance the quality of medicine in the practice and provide exceptional client service to our clients and patients. Join our monthly staff meetings so that the entire team is cohesive and up to date.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs thorough physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications:
- Sense of Humor, Common Sense, and Contagious Personality
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the State of North Carolina.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Health Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education
- Licensure and Professional Fees
Please submit your resume and cover letter.
Veterinary Technician (VT/RVT)
Hey, animal lover! Are you a seasoned veterinary technician who is looking for a new opportunity and a chance to grow and be challenged in a pawsitive atmosphere?
West Ballantyne Animal Hospital in Charlotte, North Carolina, is looking for an experienced Veterinary Technician to use their technician skills at the top level. Are you a detail-oriented, self-starter who is dedicated to delivering stellar patient care while assisting the veterinarians and educating clients with your positive attitude? Do you enjoy working individually and as a team with a great work ethic? If so, we want to hear from you right meow!
About the Hospital:
We are a full-service hospital offering veterinary medicine and surgery to our clients located in the Ballantyne area of South Charlotte. Veterinary technicians are vital and play an integral role in both patient care and client satisfaction. Technicians are entrusted with the assessment and care of our patients.
Our hospital is a beautiful brand-new facility showcasing state-of-the-art equipment, which allows us the ability to provide precise, efficient, and comfortable care for our patients. We are a modern, bright, energetic hospital looking for the right fit to become part of our team! We are determined to meet or exceed the expectations of the people we serve and educate.
We are in search of the purrfect individual who is an enthusiastic animal lover to join our tight-knit team, we work together for our patients and their humans to deliver a positive experience from start to finish. This is a full-service animal hospital that stays at the forefront of veterinary technology, offering patients cutting-edge techniques all while delivering a personalized approach.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with our clients and their pets
- Provide patients with a high level of patient care
- Have strong surgical assistant skills; premedication, induction, anesthesia maintenance, monitoring, and recovery
- Abilities for venipuncture and IV catheter placement
- Assist veterinarians with dental prophylaxis, charting, and radiographs
- Analysis of laboratory specimens
- Proper restraint techniques
- Provide client education and marketing
This is a full-time position that requires a range of 36 – 38 hours each and every week and every other Saturday.
Some of the expected responsibilities include:
- Enjoy working individually and as a team with a great work ethic
- Excel at communication skills
- Have a commitment to excellent client service
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs, common diseases, their symptoms, means of transmission, treatment and prevention, and other basic preventative health care recommendations
- Veterinary Technician License for the state of North Carolina preferred
- Veterinary Technicians that are unlicensed – a minimum of one-year experience required
Compensation and Perks:
This is an opportunity to learn and grow with an established veterinary practice where you’ll be surrounded by other motivated individuals that will help to lift you to your highest potential.
Other key benefits include:
- Competitive wages
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Annual reimbursement of licensure fees for licensed veterinary technicians
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Individual Retirement Account with employer matching
- Uniform reimbursement by the practice
- Veterinary Services at a discount–because your pets need necessary checkups, too!
- On-the-job training
If you think you’ve got what it takes to fill this technician role, we’d love to hear from you–like yesterday!
Please note: West Ballantyne Animal Hospital is both a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity employer.