We are a full-service animal hospital offering quality veterinary services in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte. Join our amazing team!
West Ballantyne Animal Hospital is looking for an enthusiastic Veterinarian to join our team!
Do you enjoy being a veterinarian?
Do you want to practice quality medicine and enjoy educating clients about pet care?
Do you want to enjoy your job while feeling valued as a team member?
Get away from corporate stress and join a well-established, growing Inclusive, independently owned private practice. We are a highly equipped, full-service small animal hospital located in the Ballantyne area of South Charlotte. We strive to provide our clients with personable doctor-client relationships along with gold standard medical care. Located in the constantly developing suburbs of Charlotte with an excellent education system for children.
About the Hospital:
Opened in the summer of 2014, our hospital is full of music, laughter, and lots of natural sunlight in our treatment area! We have a state-of-the-art facility utilizing a fully equipped surgical suite, brand new dental equipment, surgical monitors, IV fluid pumps, digital dental and standard digital DR radiographs, full in-house laboratory equipment with IDEXX reference lab send out, and fully electronic medical records.
It’s difficult to be a veterinarian without a talented, skilled, bright team to support you. We have a full support staff to ensure our veterinarians can practice medicine – not “tech stuff.” We utilize our staff to their fullest degree to ensure our doctors spend time on medicine and client services. Currently, we are operating under a Curbside Service model and will continue to do so until the majority of the population is vaccinated. To ensure the safety of our staff and clients – all staff members wear masks while in the building, clients are not allowed in the building, and we provide video or phone calls during patient exams.
We have some amazing clients who are wonderful pet owners. We highly value the long-lasting relationships we build with every one of our clients. We build these relationships by providing great customer service alongside top-quality medicine. Our goal is to become an extension of our pet owner’s family.
As our practice is growing, we are currently looking to fill a full or part-time Associate Veterinarian position. No Nights, No emergency, No On-call. This position does ask for an alternating Saturday schedule. We would like to add an intelligent, communicative, talented doctor that enjoys practicing quality medicine in a friendly and casual atmosphere.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with the Practice Owner, Hospital Manager, and supporting medical staff. This individual will advance the quality of medicine in the practice and provide exceptional client service to our clients and patients. Join our monthly staff meetings so that the entire team is cohesive and up to date.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs thorough physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications:
- Sense of Humor, Common Sense, and Contagious Personality
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the State of North Carolina.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Health Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Education
- Licensure and Professional Fees
Please submit your resume and cover letter.
My favorite thing about being part of the West Ballantyne family is just that: we are a family. Everyone here has so much passion for what they do and love each patient as if they were their own. Dr. Linfante puts his heart into his work, and it shows, he truly wants the best for every animal that comes in and sees him. I feel as if I can better myself for the patients and continue my education to be the best technician I can be here. There are always opportunities to learn and grow and Dr. Linfante is a wonderful teacher. The staff is welcoming and warm, I felt accepted the first day I started, and it has only gotten better with time. I can see myself creating a future here, and I look forward to coming here every day I work. This is honestly one of the best environments a person could ask for!