Dependable, Efficient Care For Your Pets
When your pet is experiencing a health crisis, you need a veterinarian that can quickly and accurately diagnose the issue. At West Ballantyne Animal Hospital in Charlotte, we maintain an in-house laboratory that allows us to complete most forms of testing in-house, allowing us to get quicker, more accurate measurements of your pet’s health than other vet clinics. Cut down on visits to the veterinary clinic by choosing the animal hospital with the resources and expertise to accurately and efficiently monitor your pet’s health and recovery. Call West Ballantyne Animal Hospital to make an appointment at our Charlotte vet clinic today!
We offer a variety of preventative care services for your pets, including:
- Complete pet health exams
- Individualized vaccination plans
- Microchip services
- Behavior coaching and house-training tips
- Pet dental exams
- Pet nutrition advising
- General pet health screenings
In-House Laboratory Services
West Ballantyne Animal Hospital offers in-house laboratory testing for dogs and cats at our vet clinic in Charlotte. Our laboratory allows us to diagnose various medical conditions in-house without having to send samples to another lab and wait for test results.
This allows us to monitor your pet’s treatment and recovery process after certain procedures more efficiently than other clinics — that means fewer necessary visits and a smaller bill for you! We perform the following diagnostic tests on-site at our vet clinic:
- CBC (Complete Blood Counts)
- Blood chemistry panels to evaluate internal organ function
- Urinalysis and fecal examinations
- Fecal testing for intestinal parasites
- Parvovirus testing
- Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus testing
- Heartworm Disease
- Tick Diseases including Lyme, Ehrlichia, and Anaplasmosis
- Electrolyte evaluation
- Cytology of skin and ear samples
If your pet requires additional testing, we partner with an outside reference lab that offers overnight testing on specialized tests that we cannot perform. For more information about our on-site laboratory diagnostic testing, call West Ballantyne Animal Hospital today!